1/4 c. flour
2 t. Cajun or Creole seasoning blend**
2-3 T. olive oil (or oil of choice)
1 lg. onion, chopped
1/2 c. thinly sliced celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
1 lg. green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
1/2 to 1 t. hot pepper sauce (optional--I don't use this, personally)
1. Put flour and Cajun seasoning in reclosable bag, add 2 pieces of chicken (slightly wet) at a time and shake to coat lightly. Save remaining flour/seasoning as you will need to add it later.
2. Place chicken in oil over medium heat, brown on both sides (about 2-3 min. per side), remove and set aside.
3. Saute onion, celery, garlic until tender (about 5 min.).
4. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, remaining flour/seasoning mixture and hot sauce (if using)--bring to boil.
5. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally. After 15 min. add green pepper and simmer another 15 min. or until chicken cooked completely.
6. Serve hot over rice or noodles. Best served in a large, shallow bowl.
**Cajun Seasoning Mix
1 T. + 3/4 t. sea salt
1 1/2 t. oregano
1 1/2 t. paprika
3/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 t. black pepper
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and shake to mix.