Thursday, April 26, 2012

Frozen Yogurt Dots (GF)


I first saw these little cuties on Pinterest and was intrigued enough to make them myself. My kids flipped out! This might be the simplest "recipe" that ever gets posted on my blog. For real. These little frozen yogurt dots are just that--yogurt. That's it! (Well, I added some sprinkles to "up the fun factor" a little for the kids, but it wouldn't be necessary.) Think Dippin' Dots--only healthier and with bigger "dots," of course.

Line the inside of a small glass (a polka dot glass is just a "bonus"--haha!) with a plastic bag, folding down the edge to minimize any mess while filling the bag. Add about 1/2 to 1 c. of your family's favorite yogurt. We like Stonyfield or Trader Joe's Organic French Vanilla; however, my son has been begging me to make these with chocolate pudding, instead. Not a bad idea! I like the way he thinks. :)

Seal the bag and snip the corner off with scissors (not too much!). Carefully place little drops of yogurt onto some parchment or waxed paper. You'll get the hang of it by about the 10th dot! A silicone baking mat would also work great. I have tried both parchment and a baking mat and I think I prefer the silicone mat.


This is the part where you could throw on a few sprinkles or other add-ins (wild blueberries, mini chocolate chips, etc.) if you want to jazz them up. You can use any flavor of yogurt to make these. Try a new flavor each time you make them or place multiple flavors of dots on one baking sheet and mix them up.

The frozen yogurt dots will freeze solid in about 30 min. to one hour, depending on their size. Use a thin metal spatula to remove them from the sheet or just pick them off with your fingers. FYI...your frozen yogurt dots will melt about as quickly as ice cream. My kids like to eat them out of a bowl with their fingers, but they are pretty messy by the time they get to the bottom of the bowl. I would recommend using a spoon, but I'm only the mom...what do I know?

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment