Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait

Store-bought yogurt is loaded with added sugar. By sweetening the yogurt yourself, you'll save a ton of calories. The Greek yogurt is low in fat and high in protein. The almonds and strawberries provide a nice dose of fiber and vitamin C. I personally love the crunch that the chocolate chips and almond slivers add to the smooth, creamy yogurt! Enjoy!


1/2 c. plain yogurt--Greek yogurt is thick and wonderful!
1 t. pure maple syrup (optional)
1/4 t. pure vanilla extract
1 c. sliced organic strawberries
2 T. slivered almonds (or try granola instead!)
1 T. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a small bowl combine 1/2 c. yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract (or skip the bowl and use the yogurt container instead). Stir well. In a separate serving bowl, add 1/4 c. of the yogurt and top it with 1/2 c. of strawberries, 1 T. of almonds and 1/2 T. of chocolate chips. Layer the remaining 1/4 c. yogurt and finish it off with rest of the strawberries, almonds and chocolate chips.

Grab your spoon and dig in! This is the perfect amount of sweetness for an afternoon snack or summer dessert. I think it would be a delicious breakfast, too! I wish I could say I got to eat this bowlful of yumminess, but unfortunately I had to share most of it with my toddler who declared it, "Mmm...num!"

No comments:

Post a Comment