Thursday, January 3, 2013

25 Goals for the New Year

Pinned Image

Happy New Year!

Ahhh....doesn't a fresh new year feel so good? It's such a time of reflection and inspiration. January gives me this renewed sense of motivation to make improvements in who I am as a Christ-follower, wife, mother and friend. This is the first time in my 34 years that I have made the decision to sit down and create a list of goals for myself. My hope is that having my goals in print and out there for the world to see will aid in my accountability. I plan to break down my yearly goals into monthly goals and post my progress at the end of each month.

I felt it was important to add some blogging goals to my list, because as many of you know, I stepped away from my blog for the past 5 months. I burnt myself out and struggled to find a balance in my blogging and personal life. I truly love writing and blogging, but I let it interfere in other areas that are way more important to me. After some time away, I feel as though I have a clearer picture of how to prioritize my time and enjoy my hobby without sacrificing my sanity. I will cut back on the quantity of weekly posts, but continue to provide quality material for my readers.

My 2013 theme is: DISCIPLINE

Personal Goals
  • Attend a weekly bible study, quarterly
  • Get up by 6 am Monday through Friday--do devotions, start laundry, unload dishwasher and get dressed before 8 am
  • Exercise a minimum of 3 days a week for 30 minutes
  • Complete a Couch to 5K plan by June
  • Walk/Jog in a 5K by October
  • Read a min. of 24 books--paperback, e-book or other (2 books/mo.)
  • Focus on ONE new habit each month
Marriage Goals
  • Have one date night out and one day-long date each month
  • Go on two overnight (no kids) getaways
  • Read 3 books on marriage
  • Attend at least one class together at church (possibly the membership class in January)
  • Read one book together as a couple
Mothering Goals
  • Participate in one weekly activity outside the home with Charlotte, quarterly (such as library storytime, YMCA class, etc.)
  • Continue swimming lessons and soccer (or another chosen sport) for Jackson, quarterly
  • Finish kindergarten, begin first grade with Jackson
  • Begin preschool with Charlotte in September
  • Read a minimum of 10 chapter books aloud to Jackson (plus daily picture books to both children)
  • Take children out individually for a date/activity once a month with one or both parents
Family/Friends/Ministry Goals
  • Spend time with parents & grandparents on both sides of the family at least three times a month
  • Have one playdate with friends or coffee date (moms only), monthly
  • Continue being involved in our church, Mom2Mom and homeschool group on a regular basis
  • Send two handwritten notes of encouragement a month
  • Take one weeklong family vacation (beach-May) and two weekend trips (Chicago-summer & Pigeon Forge-Oct)
Financial Goals
  • Continue tithing 10% of our income
  • Pay off our home equity line of credit
  • Save and pay cash for new windows by late summer
Blogging Goals
  • Redesign blog header and sidebar, including adding RSS feed button and social media buttons
  • Publish first e-book
  • Plan out blog posts a month in advance (at least 10 per month)
  • Write blog posts a week ahead of time
  • Stick to strict blogging hours that do not interfere with homemaking responsibilities or quality time with family
______________________________________________________

Whew!! That's a big list! Did you actually count them? There's 26, not 25. ;) Have you read a great book on marriage or maybe another fabulous book that I should add to my list? Please share it in the comments below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment